why hello friends

Saturday, January 21, 2006

We are here!

Well, we made it. The fricken gazillion hour flight and short layovers finally brought us to our destination. A land where english is rarely spoken and I deffinately feel out of place! ha ha. It is crazy how quickly you realize that even the similar things are different when a different language is spoken all around you. I wish I had some really interesting story to tell all you avid readers out there, but not much has happened yet besides my roommate Bryan running into our host mother while she was on her bike. Everyone bikes around here, it is crazy so apparently us dumb americans need some lessons:-) Also, i had difficulty with the toilet as I sat there for five minutes trying to get it to flush, i will post pictures maybe later if i can get a camera in there without them wondering what the heck the American is doing with a camera in the bathroom!!! Anyway, you have to push down on this plate thing and this massive amount of water comes down and you think you are going to get soaked. You don't but it is interesting scare the first time. i kept on pushing on this other thing and barely any water would come out. I just sat there and kept pushing and pushing thinking "Thank God I didnt poop or this would take forever!" so i just sat there and pumped the toilet until i realized that you had to push this other thing down. Anyway, besides how much fun usuing the restroom is other stories are lacking:-) I will update more. Hope all is going well for you and I'll talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home