why hello friends

Friday, March 10, 2006

Mmmmmm

It has been a long time since I have updated this bad boy so I figured I would let you in on a little of my life over here in the Netherlands right now. This weekend I do not have any plans so there will be no stories of valiant worriors overcomming scam artists or even failed attempts at orienting oneself in a new city. No, I do believe this weekend I will remain in the Hattem/Zwolle area. I was attempting to make a trip to either Normandy or Wittenberg and they both fell through, so sadly I do believe Luther's door will not been seen (I guess it isnt the real one anyway right???) but I have vowed to make it to Normandy, and I can pretty much guarantee you that when I do there will be a heck of a story involving me getting there and back because it is looking like it will be some work. None the less, after fighting off some slight dissapointment of having to put my travels aside this weekend I was blessed with a wonderful oppotunity last night. American food!!!
Some of my fellow students decided that we would go to Amsterdam and visit the good ol' Hard Rock Cafe for an evening of food and fellowship. I immediately recognized the name of this restaraunt, and I despite the fact that the first Hard Rock Cafe opened in London I associated the meals with America and prayed that my dreams would come true. I was not dissapointed!!!
Oh how I have longed for a good, fat, juicy American Bacon Cheeseburger for so long, and this one met all the expectations. It was served with a hearty helping for fries, and even all you could drink soda. I am telling you that this was an American oasis in the center of the European desert of health. I am sure that if our fellow Dutchmen knew that we spent our evenings dining over soda and large slabs of meat they would proably react with the same concern and worry that my grandma expresses when she hears that I have partook of the local Heinekin brew. Nonetheless it was a grand evening, and a burger has never tasted so good. NEVER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home